Low-threshold outpatient counselling and support for mentally ill homeless people in Cologne.
Organisation: Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Kreisverband Köln e.V.
Outreach work throughout the city, e.g. in emergency shelters ("hotels") for homeless people, on the street, in the park, in a café, at offices/courts or also in our office, depending on individual arrangements.
Our office is staffed only sporadically. It may therefore take a few days for us to reply to your e-mail. We ask for your understanding.
You can come to us:
What we offer:
Christian Brück, Sabine E. Schröder, Annemarie Hahn, Michael Dietz
The projects "Hotel Plus Mobile and "Streetwork+" of the German Red Cross District Association Köln e.V. offer low-threshold outreach counselling and support for homeless people with mental illness (e.g. psychosis) - usually also with additional substance use.
They are aimed at people who are housed in Köln for example in emergency accommodation for homeless people ("hotels") or who live in public space (e.g. on the street, in a condemned house, in the forest, under a bridge, in a tent, etc.).
The offer includes:
- Regular visiting and talking contacts (e.g. in the hotel, in the café, in the office, on the street)
- Building a trusting working relationship and an accepting attitude
- Accompaniment to offices and authorities (e.g. job centre, housing office, court dates)
- Assistance with postal matters and applications
- Support in connecting to specialists and therapy services
- Crisis intervention, tolerance of special behaviour due to illness
- Search for alternative housing (e.g. own flat, residential home, assisted living community)
- Referral to further help (e.g. assisted living, vocational rehabilitation, addiction therapy)
Our project "Hotel Plus Mobile is a mobile service and is commissioned by an official body through a coordination round of the health department. For this reason, it is not possible to contact us directly. However, if you have any questions or are interested in our services, please feel free to send us an e-mail.
"Streetwork+" is aimed at adult mentally distressed and ill homeless people in Köln. Enquiries and information about this group of people can be sent to us at any time. We will then contact them without obligation and look at what is possible and desired by the respective person (e.g. counselling, accompaniment, support, development of perspectives, mediation, etc.).